The home was located at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Clinton Street. It was built for Alexander McPherson in the early 1870s. Alexander lived there for 10 years before selling it to his brother Edward G. McPherson. Edward and his wife Rosalee, lived in the house for more than 40 years.
After their deaths, their heirs donated the house, appraised at $30,000 in 1927, to the city of Howell for use as a hospital.
After a $50,000 bond to renovate the house and a fire that caused another $8,000 in damage, McPherson Memorial Hospital opened on August 9, 1928.
McPherson Bank - 1920's
102 W. Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.
Located on the northwest corner of Michigan Avenue and Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan - known locally as Main Four.
Vehicles, pedestrians, and buildings, shown along the north side of Grand River Avenue between Michigan Avenue and Walnut Street.